Dear Prayer Partner,
Recently, I was in Tulsa, Oklahoma where I was interviewed by a local newspaper reporter. He asked many questions about the books that I have written and about Word Ministries. We talked about my experiences and the journey I have walked since my encounter with God.
One of his questions prompted me to talk about the discipline that I follow every day. I like to arise before the world around me is awake and have my quiet time with my Heavenly Father. This keeps me focused and aware of the presence of the Lord as I face the day with its many tasks. I encourage you to join me in this few moments with God.
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all my iniquities; who heals all my diseases; Who redeems my life from destruction; who crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfies my mouth with good things; so that my youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalm 103:1-5)
“[For my determined (single-minded, unwavering) purpose is] that I may know You that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving (identifying) recognizing and understanding [the wonders (surprises) of Your Person] more strongly and more clearly. And that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from Your resurrection.” (Philippians 3:10, Amp)
[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant me a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him. By having the eyes of my heart flooded with light, so that I can know and understand the hope to which He has called me, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones), and [so that I can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places] far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come. (Ephesians 1:17-21 AMP)
Father, in the name of Jesus, I am making a special request asking that I may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of Your will in all spiritual wisdom and comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God, and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things—that I may walk (live and conduct myself) in a manner worthy of You, my Lord, fully pleasing to You in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of You [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition]. I pray that I will be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of Your glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy! (Colossians 1:9-11)
Then I began to make my daily confessions of faith. As you begin to make these declarations, the Holy Spirit will bring other affirmations you need to make over yourself. Our God is faithful; He created you to be more than a conqueror…He wants you full of His Word. You will fulfill your divine destiny.
- This is the day the LORD has made; I rejoice and I am glad in it.
- Today is the day of Breakthrough!
- I am alive and well; Your Spirit dwells within me because You died and rose again!
- I purpose to plow, sow and reap abundantly.
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
- In Him I live and move and have my being.
- I vibrate with life – I am energetic.
- God satisfies me with good things and my youth is renewed like the eagles.
- My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost – I love your word – I hope in your word.
- I am self-disciplined – I manage my time well.
- I am a loving, honest and caring person.
- I am compassionate, perceptive and understanding
- I am alert – I am witty.
- I am a successful author and speaker, and other people accept that image of me. They listen to what I say and read what I write – I am creative and innovative.
- I soar with the eagles; I am in perfect health.
- I am always divinely guided — I always take the right turn in the road.
- God makes a way where there seems to be no way.
- The peace of God leads me — the light of God surrounds me making my pathway clear.
- The love of God enfolds me — the power of God protects me.
- The presence of God watches over me — wherever I am, God is.
- I am God’s fellow worker — I am God’s field under cultivation — I am God’s building under construction.
- I am a willing servant.
- My children have a double portion of my anointing.
- My descendents will be powerful in the land.
- I show myself friendly and I have friends.
- I study to show myself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- I pray without ceasing – I pray with expectancy.
- My heart is steady because I trust in the LORD.
- I sing praises to God with all my being.
- I am a person of great wisdom – the law of kindness is in my mouth.
- I am God’s masterpiece — I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus because the Bible tells me so.
- I am joyful – the light in my eyes rejoices the heart of others..
- I am happy because God is my Lord.
- I am an overcomer.
- I am confident.
- I rest in the LORD.
- If God be for me who can be against me?
- I bind my mind to the mind of Christ.
- I bind my will and my plans to the will and plans of God.
- I am dependable.
- I take ownership and assume responsibility for the books You have inspired me to write.
- I am clothed with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I am born of Love, a joint heir with Jesus.
- I am clothed in humility.
Always remember you are not alone. The staff and I pray for you binding your mind to the mind of Christ, your will and purposes to the will and purpose of God. We loose negative thought patterns that would hinder you as you move from one degree of dignity to another and from glory to glory.
Your Partner in Prayer
© 2004 Word Ministries, Inc.
Germaine Copeland is the author of the best selling book series, Prayers That Avail Much. She has written scriptural prayers for the family. Read your Bible, pray and attend church where you can soak up the love and faith of God. You will receive emotional healing, experience spiritual growth and become more intimately acquainted with your Heavenly Father, and your relationships will grow stronger.